Solving the Normality and Molarity of solutions is quite easy by remembering the relationship of Normality to Molarity.
1. Normality may be equal but is always greater than the Molarity in the same solution.
2. If the valence is 1, Normality is equal to Molarity.
Try solving these problems. Atomic weights: Na = 23; Cl = 35.5, H = 1, Ca = 40, Valences: Ca = 2, NaCl = 1, HCl = 1.
1. If you have dissolved 20 grams of sodium chloride in 1.5 Liter of distilled water, what is the:
1.3. Percent solution
2. What is the Molarity of 1 N Hydrochloric acid?
3. What is the Normality of 0.8 M calcium chloride?
CLICK HERE FOR THE ANSWERS.