Answers to Venipuncture Review Questions
1. _15 to 30 degrees Ideal angle of entry of needle.
2. Hematoma _____ Bluish discoloration of the area subjected to trauma.
3. Phlebotomy_____ Another term for venipuncture.
4. Basilica _________ Three major veins used in venipuncture.
7. Ante-cubital fossa_The major site of venipuncture.
8. 70% isopropyl alcohol The most common sterilizing agent in venipuncture.
9. transfixation_____ The most common mistakes of first-timers in venipuncture.
10. serum__________ The most common blood specimen in clinical chemistry.